Fall Musings

Fall Musings

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Red Dragon Apothocary - February's SoapScription and 2 orders Review

Red Dragon Apothocary has become my latest Favourite E-tailer!  I cannot get enough of their products.  Their beaded items are gorgeous and made with such care.  The soaps are divine and the owner, Eva is such a doll.

I got my lovely package from Red dragon Apothocary for February's SoapScription and 2 orders that I made with them.  1 through their Etsy store before they opened their new Store and another through TopHatter for an auction lot.

What I got in each "order":
  • Soap of the Month: 2 bars of Just Peachy Goats Milk Soap
  • Red Dragon Apothocary Etsy  order:  Proud as a Peacock Car Dangle, Spa Soap Whipped Soap With Dead sea Salt in Mardi Gras (4oz) and Eye of the Peacock Beaded Keychain
  • TopHatter Auction: Gilded Tarot deck and companion book
SOAPScription Order:
The 2 bars of Just Peachy soap smell just like fresh, ripe peaches.  This is a scent I love for the Spring and Summer.  It is fresh and juicy and yummy.  Both bars came wrapped in pretty wrapping with a nice label on the front and the ingredients listed on the back.  The soaps are in boxes so that they don't get crushed or crumble.  The soaps as you can see in the picture are rectangular and have a raised dragon design on the front of them.  So whether you display them wrapped in their boxes or in their shrink wrap they look pretty.  You can smell them before you unwrap them.  They nicely scent your room. I would repurchase this scent in other products Red Dragon sells.

Etsy Order:
The Proud as a Peacock Car Dangle is hand beaded and oh so pretty.  I have it in my car dangling from my rear view mirror.  It makes me smile when I look at it.  The blue gem at the end of it is very pretty as well.  It has a true peacock feather that bring the dangle to life.  I love the colours.  The dangle is made with a gold wire.  The hand beading is very intricate and will not come apart.  The ring at the top to hang from is the perfect size.  It is big enough to fit over your mirror but small enough to not make it hang too low.  


The Eye of the Peacock Beaded Keychain is so delicate and gorgeous.  My favourite colour is blue!  This hand beaded keychain is all in various shades of blue.  The blue and aqua medallion is a good size.  It is the focal point of this beaded work of art.  The wire it is beaded with is of good quality.  There is ribbons to add flash and 2 beaded tails.  The ribbons add depth to the beaded work.  They are in blue, black, silver and aqua.  It is about 2 inches wide and 9 inches long.  It's a pretty good size.  I have a 4 hook key holder by my bedroom door and it looks great hanging from it.  Not that I don't want to use it as a keychain but I think it is perfect for a decoration to my room.  



I also received a Spa Soap - Whipped Soap with Dead Sea Salt in Mardi Gras Scent (4 oz).  It was freezing today so it is frozen as you can see in the picture but it smells really good.  It makes me think of what Mardi Gras would smell like in theory.

The site's description is:  Mardi Gras: A festive and fun fragrance that begins with fresh citrus top notes of grapefruit, orange zests, and tangerine; middle notes of strawberries, apples, pears, rose petals and jasmine; with sexy bottom notes of vetiver, white musk, and ylang ylang.  I can smell each of the fruity notes with a hint of smokiness.  It is not a powerful smoky/musk scent as I don't care for that sort of scent but it brings the fruity notes down a notch from being overly sweet.   It is a fun scent.  I look forward to using this whipped soap once it thaws =).  The scent comes alive once thawed.  It is still fruity with a very citrus smell to it.  The smoky/musk scent remains subtle and as a way to calm the fruity notes.  It is very lovely.  Nothing like a gourmand scent.  A nice change of pace.  Would be lovely in a perfume.

The whipped soap has a lovely texture.  It is light and fluffy but has the dead sea salt in it to purify your skin.  It makes the skin smooth and soft.  I am in love this soap.  It is made of goat's milk which is great for people with sensitive skin or have skin irritations.  Many nutrients are in this whipped soap due to the goat's milk and dead sea salt

I would definitely repurchase their whipped soaps.  I see that they have made a whipped soap with sugar in it.  I am going to give that a try during my next order.

TopHatter Auction:
I decided to get another tarot deck and companion book.  I am still going slowing through my Mystic Dreamer Deck but thought this one was pretty cool looking.  It is the Gilded Tarot Deck.

Item Description: 
"Most Tarot decks with really spectacular designs are really just art collections. The Gilded Tarot transcends this limitation by having some of the most strikingly beautiful art on any Tarot deck, yet follows the Rider-Waite-Smith model. The result is a unique deck that any person with some Tarot experience will find instantly familiar and usable. This deck can be used with any Tarot system or book. The colors are deep and intense, almost metallic. They draw you in and will have you staring at the images repeatedly. But this is more than a deck to look at, it's a deck to use! The Gilded Tarot Companion, a full book by Tarot expert Barbara Moore, is included with this deck. It's a complete introduction so that even a beginner can use this deck right away."

The companion book is also by Barbara Moore who did the other deck I have.  Being so new to Tarot I figured it would be good to be consistent with authors.  The deck is very colourful and "flashy".

Over All Review:
I LOVE everything I got!  Customer Service is fantastic.  Shipping is very fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google+