Fall Musings

Fall Musings

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Estee Lauder's Double Wear - Stay-in-Place Eyeshadow Base Primer Review


I started wearing mineral makeup and I just couldn't get it to stay put all day.   It would go everywhere when I applied it and then it was crease within a short time. I imagine that lots of people have this trouble as well. Eyeshadow base was told to me to be the answer. As a long time lover of Estee Lauder products - especially their eyeshadows and blushes - I figured I would add this eyeshadow base to my order.
My Review: I absolutely love this stuff! It covers all the veins and such on my oily eyelids and stays put for over 24 hours. I can even sleep in my eye makeup and it stays put and doesn't budge at all. Usually my eyeshadow creases in a few hours due to oily lids. It works great with pressed shadows, roll on shadows from Sue Devitt and loose mineral shadows. It even holds your eyeliner in place like glue. You get a lot in the jar and you don't need much to cover your lids. For pressed shadows be sure to let it dry before applying eyeshadow on it. For loose shadows let it be almost dry then apply the loose shadow to it. You need to use a good makeup remover to remove this. Your normal face wash that should remove makeup won't work.
The price is good at $ 20. I feel it works better, lasts longer and at a better price than some of the other eyeshadow bases out there.
FORMULA FACTS
  • Dermatologist-tested
  • Ophthalmologist-tested
  • Fragrance-free
I have since tried Urban Decay's Primer Potion because it was on promotion. The UDPP doesn't work well on my oily lids and you can't get out most of the product due to the type of packaging it is in. Estee Lauder's Stay-in-Place eyeshadow base is in a container with a screw top lid. It is easy to get the right amount you want. It doesn't dry out due to the screw top lid.
This lid primer works great with both loose and pressed eye shadows. It also works great with creme shadows.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google+