Fall Musings

Fall Musings

Friday, September 7, 2012

How to get the BEST and CHEAPEST Shave

How to get the best shave for the cheapest amount of money. After many many years of shaving my legs I have finally come up with the best shave for my busk. I have dry skin and if I shave too often my legs get itchy and scaly. It's hard to fight this problem when you want to wear shorts everyday in the summer. I am very light skinned and have dark leg hair. So I show a shadow after 12 hours.
What I have found that works for an awesome and long lasting cheap shave is:
1.  Exfoliate with a good scrub infused with moisturizing oils and ground up apricot seed - I was given a tub of Orgins' scrub as a gift and been using it up (it's not cheap) but I will return to my regular homemade salt or sugar scrub.
2.  Use a 3 blade razor - I only purchase Schick Xtreme 3 for Women Sensitive. It has 3 blades, so enough for a close shave but not so many to irritate the skin.  The razor has a strip with Aloe, Vitamin E and Shea Butter to give you a comfortable shave. I buy the all pink Schick Xtreme3 razor in the plastic bag with pink writing that are cheaper. They are the same razor but without the plush handle. You get more razors for less.
3.  I quit using shaving cream - Instead I use a moisturizing hair conditioner. I have been buying Tresseme for $3.99 for a huge bottle. I put a layer on my leg and let it sit for 30 - 60 seconds for it to condition my hair and skin then I start to shave.
4.  After I shave I pat dry and apply a layer of Degree Body Responsive Deodorant in Fresh Oxygen - The deodorant keeps the skin from drying, becoming itchy and moisturizes.
I have found this to be the best shave that doesn't irritate my skin.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Google+