Fall Musings

Fall Musings

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Yves Rocher Daily Exfoliating Cleanser and 24 Hour Intense Hydrating Gel Cream Reviews

This is the time of year when I have to change my facial routine again and go back to my tried and true Ponds Cold Cream.  With oily skin I have 2 skin care routines that I use during the year:  Ponds during the warmer months when I need just an oil based cleanser and no moisturizer and for the colder months when I need a cleanser and a water based cream.


Last winter I used Burt's Bees Sensitive Skin Cleaner and Daily Moisturizing Cream.  I liked the cream but hated the cleanser.  See my review of this duo here.  I am a very loyal Yves Rocher customer and would prefer to give my money to them if they have a similar product.  Plus YR gives rewards and free products.  I switched over to Yves Rocher's 24 Hour Intense Hydrating Gel Cream and Daily Exfoliating Daily Cleanser in Mid-December when the temps started to drop.

Cleanser:

My Review:  YR's Daily Exfoliating Cleanser is a great product that not only cleans but also exfoliates the dead skin cells that are left by the cold and windy weather.  This cleanser does not dry my skin out which is big for me since dry skin equals more oil.  I really hate when i wash my face and it  drys out then over night it becomes oily.  I like a balance where once I leave the bathroom my face is comfortable.  I will be purchasing this again next year when the weather cools down.  I like how it gentle exfoliates my skin and removes the flakes from the wind yet doesn't scrubs off the top layer of skin and makes it raw.  The scent is very pleasing and not over powering like some.  I bought a tube of this for my sister-in-law to use as well for the winter as she was looking for a new cleanser as her's was discontinued after eight years.

Here is some info on the cleanser from Yves Rocher's website:

Daily Exfoliating Cleanser

Purifies skin
The exfoliating cleanser for acne-prone skin with botanical micro-beads:
- Eliminates excess sebum,
- Purifies skin and clears pores, 
- Prevents the reappearance of skin problems with its exfoliating action.

The Plus: Its soap-free formula, which won’t dry skin
Paraben free formula.

4.2 fl.oz. Tube / 125 ml



















Gel Cream:

My Review:  I am on the fence about the 24H Intense Hydrating Gel Cream.  It worked fine.  It hydrated my face nicely during the winter and didn't make my face oily.  I don't really know why I am not in love this this product.  I prefer Biotherm's Aquasource Deep Hydration Replenishing Gel to this gel moisturizer.  It's not a bad product.  It does what it says it does.  I think it is just the texture I don't like.  It absorbs quickly but it is thick for a gel product.  I like a more runny gel like product.  I would give this a 4 out of 5 stars but only due to the thickness compared to other gel moisturizers.  I would recommend this to others who have oily skin and at the price it can't be beat.  The Biotherm product is close to $50 and expensive for me at this time.
Here is some info on the Cream from Yves Rocher's Website:


24H Intense Hydrating Gel Cream

Skin is filled with water, essential for lasting hydration!
The 24H Intense Hydrating Gel: 
Intensely and durably moisturizes skin for 24 hours,
- Leaves skin visibly resplenished, fresh and radiant.

For Normal to Combination Skin
Formula tested under dermatological supervision

Botanical-based ingredients: maple sugar, organic agave sap, betaine, organic witch hazel water.

1.6 fl.oz. Jar / 50 ml

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google+